Investing is intricate, but not rocket science — Simpson Capital, a Laguna Niguel investment advisor, offers long-term returns with a focus on client goals.
Welcome to the official site of Simpson Capital Management (SCM). We have provided investment advice to clients across the United States since 1999. SCM is a privately owned, independent registered investment advisor.
Deliver a fruitful, ‘user friendly’ investment experience for all clients.
- Develop your individualized, goal-based strategy
- Explain the strategy’s elements
- Execute your strategy with traditional stock and bonds
What We Do
We offer fee-only advisory service for all types of investors. Our service is like hiring a personal guide for your journey through unfamiliar terrain. We are on constant lookout for threats to your wealth. Instead of travelling alone, we
- Design your portfolio
- Select the holdings
- Place trades in your account
- Watch for changes in your goals or reason for holding purchases
In other words, tell us where you want to go and leave the driving to us. See our Features section to find out how SCM adds value to your pursuit of happiness.
Reasoning Behind What We Do
SCM seeks a balance of art and science. While the art of investing relies on creativity and judgment, the process itself is much more ordered than may be the case in the fine arts. Successful investing results from careful analysis and hard work; there is no simple solution.
Our service comes with the wisdom of many years spent in academics and hands-on experience. We provide quality service using the highest standards. We make sure your interests are placed before our own. Our fee-only arrangement is a perfect alignment of goals, we only succeed when you succeed.
SCM strongly feels markets and humans are not perfect and look for ways to gain. Markets tend to overreact in the short-term and can be exploited. However, in the long-term, the markets get it right and fundamentals win out.
What’s Likely to Happen on Wall Street
We form an outlook of the future to make decisions in the present. Our outlook is put together through direct observation, research and forecast surveys. This picture is presented in our blogs and reports.
- Market Journal– Current news, data and opinion about what’s going on in our sandbox
- Fiduciary Forum– Discussion of legal and regulatory issues in our industry
- Wealth Planning News– Key issues affecting protecting what you have
- Forecast Survey– Seeks to determine consensus
- Market Sector– Explores an area where few competitors tread
- Top Stock Picks– Free samples on request
An investment is the acquisition of an asset such as a stock or bond where the reasons for parting with your money are more compelling than the alternatives. The sections below help simplify concepts used in investing. There are adapted from courses taught at UCLA by SCM’s principal, David Simpson, CFA.
- Basic Concepts– Primer covering what you probably know in a way to make sense of it
- Advanced Topics– A detailed look at how we make our secret sauce
- Portfolio Theory– An essay describing our key concept
- Planning Guide– Simple concepts to help planning
Looking for a Laguna Niguel Investment Advisor? Call Us Today!
Contact us with questions, call (949) 495-7922 or email email@example.com.